Visit Tech Alliance
NZTech Inform – increased tech exports | Tech still second biggest offshore earner!
- New Zealand’s top 200 tech exporters revenues grew 9% last year to $15b
- Their offshore sales also lifted 9% to $11b
- Four companies now have more than $1b in annual revenues, 31 have over $100m
- These 200 firms employ 62,718 people, up 11% since last year
- Their R&D spend lifted 18.6% to $1.7b
- F&P Healthcare had the highest revenue at $1.68b
- Xero had the fastest growing revenues and exceeded $1b.
The power of collective impact is always clear when our tech industry leaders meet and share their efforts. Today, our talented team of Executive Directors representing the associations in the NZTech Group will gather to collaborate on key issues. Together they care about helping create a more equitable, sustainable and prosperous Aotearoa New Zealand.
Despite this year’s disruptions, by the end of the year, we will have delivered over 100 member events! Planning for our 2023 member events calendar is well underway and we look forward to confirming our event series soon.
Our events facilitate meaningful connections on a range of important issues and topics including;
- Tech firms and tax, including an update on the R&D tax incentive
- Building a national digital skills pipeline, including apprenticeship pilots
- Diversity opportunities
- Attracting international talent
- Election 2023: political parties tech agenda.
- Sustainability: tech for a better world including emission reduction and tech roadmap
- Growing our innovation sectors including KiwiSaas and gaming, plus an update on the Industry Transformation Plan (ITP)
- The Government’s role in tech sector growth including procurement, talent development and supporting policies
- Success in international markets including trade agreement and campaign updates
- Structuring for growth including human resources, investment, offshore growth and tax.
If there are any other hot topics you’d like featured in our event series, please let us know. Our usual format is networking drinks after work. This includes 10 minute speaker presentations followed by a panel discussion and interactive audience Q&A. Our events conclude with a further opportunity to connect with others.
This week, the sold out Canterbury Tech Summit is held in Christchurch. If you don’t have a ticket but will be in town, I strongly recommend joining the waitlist!
Read more: NZTech Inform – increased tech exports