Visit Tech Alliance
TechWomen celebrates International Women’s Day 2021
Please join us on Monday 8th March 2021 at midday to celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD) either virtually or in-person (alert levels permitting) . IWD celebrates the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
Based on the IWD 2021 campaign theme, #ChooseToChallenge, TechWomenNZ will be hosting a virtual panel with a variety of speakers.
- Joe Owenson – Team Lead @ Servian – Discussing the ways in which he learned what eligibility he was entitled to to work flexibly after his daughter was born and also to support his wife returning back into the workforce.
- Kevin Ha – SQL Team Lead @ Servian – Kevin’s team is the first to achieve 50/50 diversity in Servian NZ. Servian provided Kevin with the flexibility he needed to support his wife during 2019, to act as the primary caregiver for his son between Oct – Nov 2020.
- Avril Wadelan – Gender Economist – Raising awareness around policies that can increase family health and wellness and workplace productivity.
- Victoria Maclennan – Managing Director OptimalHQ – Victoria is passionate about many things – growing great companies, raising digital literacy, growing New Zealand’s economy, and equality for women. Her day jobs include Managing Director of data and information specialists OptimalBI, plus investing in and advising a range of great Kiwi startups as they grow.
The theme for our panel this year is to challenge the current corporate and business support for fathers, husbands and partners supporting the primary caregivers return back into the workforce. Our speakers will be both male and female and will share their personal stories during a 45min webcast. Questions will be able to be submitted virtually to the panel throughout the session.
For those wanting to face to face connection we will also be holding viewing events in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch with light refreshments and the opportunity to network before and after the webcast. Providing COVID alert levels are at level 1 we would love for you to join us at one of the following locations from 11.30am – 1.30pm.
- Auckland: Deloitte, Level 18, 80 Queen St, Auckland
- Wellington: Microsoft, Level 12, 157 Lambton Quay, Wellington
- Christchurch: Deloitte, 151 Cambridge Terrace, Christchurch
- Online: Link will be emailed to you Time: 12-1.00pm
IWD 2021 campaign theme: #ChooseToChallenge. A challenged world is an alert world. Individually, we’re all responsible for our own thoughts and actions – all day, every day. We can all choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality. We can all choose to seek out and celebrate women’s achievements. Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world. From challenge comes change, so let’s all choose to challenge.
Hear from our speakers:
Kevin Ha – SQL Team Lead @ Servian
Joe Owenson – Team Lead @ Servian
Vic Maclennan – Managing Director OptimalHQ
Avril Wadelan – Gender Economist
We will be using Slido for anyone to add any questions or comments, please ensure you download this onto your device.