Visit Tech Alliance
Open Day for The Mind Lab & Tech Futures Lab
We’re excited to open up our doors and invite you in to join us for our Open Day where you can view our innovative learning space, meet our passionate people and learn more about the life-changing programmes we offer.
Open is a word we love. It conjures up a sense of possibilities, of invitation, of limitlessness.
At The Mind Lab and Tech Futures Lab, open is what we aim to do in all our learning. Because by learning new ways to lead, innovate and create change, you’ll open up new opportunities for your career, the communities that matter to you and the purpose that drives you.
So please join us for a few hours of inspiration, to get to know us and the learning pathways open to you.
From 10am through to 12:30pm enjoy a tea or coffee and light refreshments while you wander around the various programme stalls to learn more about what we offer here from the people who are most passionate about it. Pop into one of our 20-minute workshops to learn a new skill or hear from current students about their learning experience. And don’t come alone – bring the kids, bring whānau, bring friends. We’ll have activities to keep the little ones entertained while you check out the opportunities open to you.
Wondering if you should come along?
Everyone is welcome to our Open Day, even if you’re just curious! It’s open to:
- Anyone interested in or curious about the programmes on offer at The Mind Lab or Tech Futures Lab
- Anyone considering postgraduate study
- Anyone who wants to be part of an innovative, change-making community
- Anyone who’s walked or driven past our space on Khyber Pass and thought “That looks like a cool office, I wonder what they do!”
- Current students, alumni, friends and whānau who want to reconnect and be inspired
On the day
Walk through our doors, grab a tea or coffee and wander around our innovative space,
learning about the different programmes and platforms we have on offer.
We’re also running a bunch of interactive sessions, panel chats and workshops – drop in for a bit, or stay the whole time!
- 10:00am: A welcome from our CEO & Founder, Frances Valintine
- 10:40am: Tech for good / Sustainability workshop
- 11:10am: Create your own self-driving car with Dave Parsons
- 11:40am: What it’s like to learn here. A panel chat with current students and recent graduates
- 12:10pm: How to boost your small business with Amanda O’Neill
- 12:25pm: Final words from Frances & Fee
- Open Day for The Mind Lab & Tech Futures Lab
- Saturday 11th June, 2022
- Food & drink provided
- Free to attend, register below