Visit Tech Alliance
Farmax Conference 2022
The Farmax Conference is a platform for thought and discussion around how we can advance New Zealand’s pastoral farm systems into the future.
Held across two days the conference focuses on realising potential, with speakers from all facets of the agriculture industry. Themes include:
- Supporting change – how a farm operator’s potential is an important aspect of the overall performance of a farm
- Strategic decision making for resilience
- Identifying and capturing opportunities for farming businesses
- Tactical decision making to realise the full potential of an existing operation through the seasons
The conference will be emceed by Julia Jones, head of insight at NZX Limited, and it features a range of prominent speakers including Tanira Kingi, James Parsons, Dana Carver, Warren Parker, Matt and Lynley Wyeth, Lee Matheson, and more.
Showcasing what farmers are already achieving with the help of FARMAX, you’ll also hear about alternative ways of using FARMAX to advance New Zealand farm systems.
We want to spark attendees’ interest and imaginations. The future of New Zealand farming is bright and innovative approaches and tools will make a difference.
On the afternoon of day two put your ideas and inspiration into practice during our half-day FARMAX training session. Available to all those who are interested, general training and accreditation sessions will be run in breakout sessions (see descriptions below). Please note that training sessions are not compulsory.
Training and accreditation sessions include:
- Monitoring Certificate: Aimed at new users, come to learn how to successfully complete monthly updates to a FARMAX file, and interpret current and forecasted data. Users will enter production and supply data, update forecast events with actuals and interpret data based on the updated forecast.
- Bronze Accreditation: Are you a consultant who has been meaning to start your accreditation journey? This is the perfect time! Bronze Accreditation is the first step in our accreditation programme. Participants will independently create a high-quality biological pastoral farm systems model using FARMAX, and at the completion of this module, participants can move onto the Silver Accreditation.
- Advanced Analysis: Are you a proficient user of FARMAX wanting to deepen your greenhouse (GHG) knowledge? Come along to work through Phil Journeaux’s He Waka Eke Noa approved exercises to deeply understand how to model GHG impacts in FARMAX.