Visit Tech Alliance
Employer Info Event – Tech Internships and Programmes
This is a Tech Alliance association event and is free for all attendees
Are you an employer?
Do you have a technology project you’d love to progress but can’t find the right resource?
Maybe you’d like to experiment with a new technology or build a new proof-of-concept?
Or perhaps you’ve thought about hiring a technology intern but aren’t sure where to start?
Would you like to know more?
Brought to you by Canterbury Tech and powered by ChristchurchNZ this is an event for ALL employers to gain or improve awareness of the opportunities to engage with local education providers and take on students for industry internships and project placements. You may or may not have taken-on students in such roles in the past, but either way, we’d urge you to attend this event to get a great summary of what’s on offer locally during 2020.
In a quick overview, you will learn about courses and quals, student profiles, types of programmes, when they are happening and how to connect. We will hear from:
- University of Canterbury
- Lincoln University
- Ara Institute of Canterbury
- Signal Grad School and others…
- Callaghan Innovation will outline their various student grant schemes
- Summer of Tech will also summarise their programmes in the hope that we’ll get more local employers actively involved during 2020.
- We will offer a few hints and tips on how to maximise the chances of a successful industry placement experience for both employer and student.