Visit Tech Alliance
Immigration and the future of the tech sector
NZ needs more tech-minded people, not less. What immigration policy settings best facilitate this?
Migrant labour plays a significant role in the tech sector. As countries plan their economic recovery from COVID-19, many are recalibrating their immigration policies to ensure they can get the people and skills they need. In effect, New Zealand competes against these countries to secure the knowledge it needs to support transformational goals. The Productivity Commission has been tasked by the government to review policies with an eye toward these goals.
What effect has access to migrant labour had on training, job conditions and technology adoption by firms? What more can immigration policy do to attract specialist ‘high-impact’ people? How can New Zealand best leverage diaspora to enhance productivity growth? We talk to those at the forefront of these pressing issues.
Dates are subject to Government announcements
We are committed to running safe events, aligned with Government Alert Level 2 protocols. To ensure you and fellow guests remain safe, please follow these steps:
- On arrival
- please wear a mask
- scan in with the NZ COVID-19 Tracer app
- register with our events team using the QR code on your ticket
- Collect your name tag, directly from the printer
- During the event
- Please remain one metre apart from others
- Seating will be one metre apart from others
- Following the presentation, you are welcome to go to the bar for a non-alcoholic beverage, however you must return to your seat.
Thank you for your understanding and support to keep everyone safe at our events.